Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tuna Salad & Recipe Drop


Great, Simple Tuna Salad for Munching Recipe:

2 cans tuna
mayonnaise
mustard
pickles
hard boiled eggs (optional)
Salt & Pepper
1 box Penne

1. Cook the penne according to the box directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, drain the tuna and add it to a large bowl.
3. Add a few spoonfuls of mayonnaise, a large squirt of mustard, chopped hard boiled eggs and lots of chopped pickles. I usually buy spears and just slice them into 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch pieces. The pickles really make this, so add enough so there is a pickle piece in every bite. This is all to taste so if you don't like mayonnaise, add less, if you like mustard, add more, etc. I really like pickles so I add a lot. I also don't add hard boiled eggs because they make the salad stinky, but you're certainly welcome to.
4. Salt and pepper to taste.

I also have been trying out some recipes from the food network and here are some really great ones you should try:

Roasted Tomato Soup
Really great, easy soup. I substituted balsamic vinegar with balsamic vinaigrette dressing and some red wine vinegar. I also sliced up some baguette, topped them with cheese, and baked them in the oven for some cute mini grilled cheeses for dipping.

French Apple Tart
This is just delicious, let's just say, it didn't last the night.

Granola Bars
Easy recipe, really customizable. I didn't add the wheat germ, and I used just cranberries and almonds and it was delicious. Use some parchment paper to separate the bars, they really like sticking together.

Happy cooking :D

No comments:

Post a Comment